Animating Wrap Panel

Developer
Jul 4, 2008 at 8:47 AM
I looked at the animating wrap panel that you have provided in your library. It animates from the bottom every time. I did some changes to the code i found in code plex and created another flavor of animating wrap panel that animates elements differently and doesn't animates all its contents every time a new control is added to it. See details here - http://infosysblogs.com/microsoft/2008/07/silverlight_animating_wrap_pan.html
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 5:33 PM
This seems like a cool change.  APB supports a lot of other functionality that the end controls here are not and I think including these changes along with better support for some of the other bits would be cool. 
Developer
Jul 9, 2008 at 6:03 AM
Are you referring to velocity, dampness etc?
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2008 at 2:55 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2008 at 2:57 PM
yes,  using APB you can with a little work make it do all kinds of things like for one project I did a 3d rola deck for MSN video (should go live in a month or so) but really like the version in your example it is more on the panel using APB so in the panel itself you can control start position etc.  in the case of the 3d rola deck I had to make it manage zindex and transforms etc ontop of positions and then it used APB to manage just the animation between positions.

sorry, also APB mean 'AnimatingPanelBase'.  blendables has an even much more complicated version.  there are also a few other issues I have with the APB namely that you can't in have multipul instances inherting from the same base working at the same time I thought this was connected to static members but change this and it didn't fix it.  and you can't entirely make the 'bounce' go away without redoing how it is animating at least I haven't been able to thus far.  granted I have not had that much time really play with it but still it bugs me. 
Developer
Jul 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Let me see if I can get to address some of these. Since I got the original VB code in C# now, i can work with that more easily. As for blendables, i guess they being paid controls, are bound to be more complex and feature rich :-)
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM
:) cool.  I'm hoping to see a version in Silverlight of the Blendables APB.  it does lots cool stuff.  but we will see. 
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 10:07 PM
I incorporated the suggested changes.  :)